The Spirit of Cacao was one of the most revered of the ancient Mayan Deities and the cacao ceremony was one of the most sacred rites. The cacao ceremony is a beautiful space that supports meditation, reflection and connection to the “larger aspects of yourself”. This is a rare opportunity to explore and sit with the stories of the heart and to identify areas that are causing you restriction, limitation and pain. The cacao ceremony, in combination with rhythmic shamanistic drumming, takes your spirit to upper, middle or lower realms to meet spirit guides or power animals. You have the chance to relax deeply and receive insights, inspiration and creative ideas. Cacao ceremonies allow you to reflect on the “next steps” of your life and can support your overall health. Many people report a deep sense of joy and peace during and after the cacao ceremony. It is not unusual to feel a connection to something bigger than yourself as well as insights of limiting behaviors, thoughts and feelings that are able to be understood and released within the safe environment of the cacao ceremony.
Full Moon Sacred Cacao Ceremony & Shamanic Drum Journey
We offer Full Moon, New Moon and Woman Circle cacao ceremonies. We will either do an active ecstatic dance with drumming or just lay relaxed and journey into the space of consciousness.
Prepare for the Cacao Ceremony
- Avoid eating too much beforehand. Try to fast for at least 2 or 3 hours before the ceremony.
- If you are going to eat, avoid dairy and oily food.
- Limit caffeine intake on that day.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water in the lead-up to, and after the ceremony.
- Theobromine in cacao has a contraindication with anti-depressants – please let us know beforehand if you are taking any as we will need to adjust your serving accordingly.
- You won’t be able to attend this cacao ceremony if have a serious heart condition, as cacao increases the blood flow to the brain and the rest of the body by 30-40%.
- It is safe to drink cacao when pregnant,thoughwith a reducedserving.
If you have a drum, rattle, pen, journal or ceremonial wardrobe that you would like to bring please feel free.
Effects of Cacao
They called Cacao ‘The water that runs through the heart’. To the native people of Central and South America, chocolate is a sacred, medicinal, and psychoactive plant. Ceremonial grade cacao increases blood flow and nutrition to the brain, heart and skin. The whole body is nourished, awareness is focused and heightened, and the senses are intensified.